YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam!
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
YouTuber and world traveler CharlyCheer did the Big Chop on the streets of Hanoi, Vietnam. The 31-year-old’s natural hair locked into a sort of side bun because she hadn’t been taking care of it.
After mustering up all of the courage she could, CharlyCheer sat next to the barber and used his scissors to chop off about 8 inches of her hair. When she pulled down her first twist in the front of her hair, I was shocked because it was about a foot long!
While cutting her hair, the YouTuber joked about needing to buy the barber new scissors because she was trying to cut through her locs. CharlyCheer’s friend was having a field day watching her do the Big Chop! She was showing off the lovely view in front of the water. She was also supportive, and I think that’s exactly what the YouTuber needed to go through with her Big Chop.
After CharlyCheer sat in the barber’s chair, he began to shave off her hair. The traveler was having a tough time with the idea of cutting the front. There was a man passing by who stopped to give her some encouragement, and I think she needed every bit of it because she was super nervous!
In the end, the barber left the section of hair in the front, and CharlyCheer pinned it up into a pompadour. Her friend’s translation of the barber’s suggestion was that she would look ugly if he cut off all of her hair. That was not true! I think short hair looks nice on the YouTuber.
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- How to Work Through the Highs and Lows of the Natural Hair Journey
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair
- Pushing the Boundaries of Natural Hair- Beyond Twist Outs and Bantu Knots
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference Between Weaves, Wigs, and Extensions
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair