Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
Latest posts by Qiana Williams (see all)
- How to Reroute Uncomfortable Questions About your Hair - December 11, 2018
- Natural Hair Annual Events - December 8, 2018
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women - December 4, 2018
Black Panther is the first, all-black cast movie with the representation of a black superhero to hit the silver screen. The movie has become more than entertainment. It seems to have awakened a deep-rooted sense of pride in African heritage. Across the nation, many of color poured out to see the film, decked out in an array of beautiful dashiki-inspired wear. This may have been kick-started by some of the amazing fashion we saw the actors wear for the red-carpet premieres.
Beyond the fashion was the variety of natural hairstyles donned by the cast. Here are some personal favorites from various Black Panther red carpet screenings across the globe:
Lupita Nyong’o- At the South Korea screening of Black Panther, Lupita looked like a stunning Empress with her hair cropped short and natural, covered by a thin layered gold headband. She finished off the look with a vibrant matte red lipstick. This is a great look to mask a bad-hair-day.
Letitia Wright– Letitia was turning heads at the Hollywood premiere of Black Panther with soft, subtle curls in her natural hair and a side part. This look was very reminiscent of nineties cuts, which are making a strong comeback in 2018.
Danai Gurira– Danai embodies the term ‘I am not my hair’ while rocking a short, cropped cut after going fully bald for the film. For the London Premiere of Black Panther, the beautiful actress opted to cut a pattern into her haircut- fashioned after the tattoo that she has on her head in the film. The result was sharp, yet soft with an edgy and trendy flair.
Angela Bassett– Whenever Angela shows up, the expectation is nothing less than glam. For the Hollywood premiere of Black Panther, this powerful sister delivered big time. She rocked a gorgeous yellow fringe dress that reminded you of when she played Tina Turner on screen. Angela went with a long, kinky-curly look that partnered perfectly with the dress.
Lupita Nyong’o- Her beauty and effortless style are hard to ignore, so she deserves an additional mention. She looked amazing at each feature for the film, but in NYC Lupita opted to wear her hair in natural fro puffs, or fro ‘knots’. The result of the look was classic elegance, with a cultural flair.
Author: Qiana Williams
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair