Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference Between Weaves, Wigs, and Extensions
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Actress Zendaya doesn’t want us to confuse wigs, weaves, and extensions with each other. In a video, the K.C. Undercover star shared things like the differences between a clip-in and track. In her own hilarious way, she even broke down the vocabulary and definitions of weaves and tracks and said she wears all of them at different times.
In addition, Zendaya divulged a couple of her hair secrets. One of them included the fact that she is not afraid to add hair to switch up her look with a lace front wig. She said, “I wear them when I want a completely different look: if I want my hair color different, or just something a little more dramatic.” Zendaya said she liked lace fronts because they looked natural and covered her hair well.
The 21-year-old also gave tips on how the extensions and tracks could be applied and warned not to leave weaves in too long. Zendaya ended her video with the answer to an important question us naturals are often asked. She said, “Many people ask people with curly hair: ‘How do you have curly hair?'” She continued,“If anybody is wondering how people get their hair so curly, they usually take a shower.” Yes, good old water, girl!
Zendaya will be doing the voice of the character “Meechee” in a new animated Warner Bros. film called Small Foot. The movie hits theaters on September 28, 2018. Channing Tatum, Yara Shahidi, Common, and Danny Devito are just some of the stars who will be doing the voices of the characters. We will be sure to remember Zendaya’s hair tips for that premiere and beyond!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Are You Protective Styling Or Defective Styling?
- Beyoncé Shows Off Her Natural Hair – Weave
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere