The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
Latest posts by Qiana Williams (see all)
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races - August 16, 2018
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years - June 3, 2018
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere - May 17, 2018
Natural hair has a deep and rich history in America that is often forgotten about. The latest craze that has occurred within the last decade spreads wider than self-love, black pride and acceptance. The natural hair lifestyle is actually being further fed into society as healthy living has become a focus. Many are recognizing that health is essential and that moving away from products and foods that are not good for them is an important part of health maintenance. Green living, clean eating and using natural, plant-based products for skin and hair has become the new normal. This includes getting away from chemical-laden relaxers and straighteners- often referred to as “creamy crack”.
The natural hair trend is not a trend at all. It’s actually a lifestyle and commitment to the psychology behind the hair as well- reversing the negative thoughts that were embedded in young black women about their hair and instead, embracing their natural beauty. Since the thought of changing from chemically processed to natural hair can be frightening in itself, you can find a slew of natural hair communities, blogs, meetups and more. These women are banding together for support, suggestions, and ideas on going- and staying natural. The beauty of rocking natural hair and learning to love the hair as it is grown from the scalp is opening the eyes of many women that were raised to believe their hair wasn’t good enough, or tame enough to be worn naturally without straightening.
Ask any black woman about her hair and you can guarantee there is a story behind it that dates back to their childhood. Breaking the chains by embracing natural hair is empowering as it becomes an escape from the enslavement of unhealthy relaxers and other chemical processes. Wearing hair naturally goes deeper than style or preference- natural hair offers the ability to learn self-acceptance and appreciate the uniqueness of the varieties of textures, curl patterns and lengths that make up some of that incredible black girl magic! Natural hair won’t be going anywhere, anytime soon.
Author: Qiana Williams
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- USA Today Explores the Natural Hair Movement’s Growth
- BBC News Covers Stylists’ Concerns Due to Shift to Natural Hair
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- How The Natural Hair Movement Empowered Me
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question