Natural Hairstyles for Formal Events- Sexy and Elegant Styles for Natural Hair
Latest posts by Qiana Williams (see all)
- How to Work Through the Highs and Lows of the Natural Hair Journey - November 13, 2018
- Guidelines vs. Discrimination- How far Can Corporations go in Dictating Hairstyles? - November 3, 2018
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That? - October 27, 2018
When formal events like proms, weddings and special parties and galas come around, a naturalista may become nervous about how to style her hair. Not to fret! There are plenty of natural styles that are beautiful and elegant, and perfect for formal events. Try these when you have your next big event.
Updos and Hair Ornamentation
You can never go wrong with an updo when it comes to a formal occasion. All you’ll need are bobby pins, a rat tail comb, brush, and holding gel to complete the look. An updo works easily with a long flowing gown or a short cocktail dress. Play around with variations of braided, sectioned or twisted updos, and have the rest of your hair pinned up neatly in a chignon twist.
Flat twists, or sectioning the hair and combining it all to sweep up with the rest of the hair are great options, and easy to do if you don’t know how to cornrow your own hair. Parting your hair at different angles and adding hair ornamentation will add further luxury, sparkle, and pizazz to the style.
The bun can be worn many ways- up and neat, messy, to the side, at the nape of the neck- all these options can work with elegant and sophisticated formal wear.
The fro-hawk is funky and trendy, but it is also a very elegant style. As with an updo, you can play around with parting or sectioning the hair at the sides with braids or twists and adding ornamentation, or just sweeping it up and pinning it so the hair sits in the middle softly. Tip- put your hair in bantu knots the night before to have a spiraled and voluminous hawk the next day.
Author: Qiana Williams
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- New Natural Hairstyle Ideas for 2018
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Video: Aqueela’s Shaved Locs
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Guidelines vs. Discrimination- How far Can Corporations go in Dictating Hairstyles?
- Atlanta Photography Duo Kahran and Regis Bethencourt Post “AfroArt” Photos of Natural Girls and go Viral
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question