Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- How to Reroute Uncomfortable Questions About your Hair - December 11, 2018
- Natural Hair Annual Events - December 8, 2018
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women - December 4, 2018
You must love it when celebrity natural hair beauties utilize their fame to aid in community building and empowering citizens of humanity around the world. While not always celebrated by the media or highlighted on social media, there are celebs that are bringing social issues to the forefront while entertaining the masses. They are the true epitome of beauty inside and out- and we celebrate them!
Alicia Keys– It’s not just her voice that is a powerhouse. Alicia has used her platform consistently to speak out on key social issues and injustices including HIV, AIDS, education, and poverty, as well as helping to empower youth and young women through different charity forums. This includes her makeup-free movement. Alicia currently supports over 30 charities- and those are only the ones that we know about!
Jill Scott– The Jilly from Philly is as beautiful and talented as she is philanthropic. Ms. Scott gives her time and money to several charities, including the Save the Music Foundation owned by VH1. This charity thrives on bringing music- specifically instrumental education- back into schools to build children’s confidence, focus, and passions.
India Arie– This soulful singer, known for her natural hair (before it was a ‘thing’) became known as one of the hottest stars when she stepped on the neo-soul scene. India is a brand ambassador for UNICEF, which take a stand and bring awareness to human rights, human trafficking, and slavery around the world, as well as poverty and health.
Janelle Monae– This young superstar has been shaking up the R & B scene since she hit it with her fierce energy and impactful voice. Causes that she devotes her time and money to include bringing awareness to AIDS, autism and the Save the Music Foundation.
We appreciate those that are more than just beautiful and talented. When you live your life to serve others and build the communities you were raised in- and the world around you- that is the definition of a true shero. These ladies are building confidence and are the type of icons we want our daughters to look up to.
Author: Qiana Williams
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Carolina “Miss Rizos” Contreras Opens a Natural Hair Salon in the Dominican Republic!
- Jill Scott: The Queen of Natural Hair- A Look at Styles Through the Years
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- 3 Reasons We Love Amara La Negra
- Hollywood Embraces Natural Hair- The Celebration of Natural Girls on the Red Carpet
- Hair Love: Torrei Hart’s Natural Hair Care Line
- Sonequa Martin-Green Appears on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly Rocking Her Natural Hair
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College