Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love
Latest posts by Veronica Parnell (see all)
- Update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup- Engaging Young women in Community Service and Self Love - January 15, 2019
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup - February 16, 2017
- Retired Veteran Is Teaching Young Women To Love Their Natural Hair - January 21, 2017
We are excited to share an update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup led by Veronica Parnell.
Since we last connected, our club has grown in leaps and bounds and the girls have been working diligently to give back to our community. The group engages young girls in giving back to the community as well as self love!
Keep up the good work!
~Natural Haircare News
Last year, in April 2017, we held our first Natural Hair Meetup at our school hosting 160 visitors and 12 vendors. A portion of the funds raised were used to provide scholarships to two deserving seniors in the hair club. Those young ladies are now attending Butler Community College and Paul Mitchell ‘the school’ and doing extremely well in their chosen post high school education fields.
Not only are the girls raising money for scholarships, they are also finding time in their busy schedules to pay it forward by giving back to their community. These young ladies made time to help serve food to the less fortunate at a local church guaranteeing those in need did not feel left out during the Thanksgiving season. They also worked tirelessly at a holiday Turkey Drive to hand out meals to disadvantaged families in our school district. As if that wasn’t enough, the girls also undertook the task of assisting at a Veteran’s Homeless Stand Down event to give out food and toiletry supplies to the homeless and displaced veterans in or community.
I am extremely proud of what we are doing and wanted to highlight these remarkable young women. Shining a light of their selfless actions is heartwarming and reminds me that our youth still have a heart to serve others. It also helps me to keep this group of teenagers motivated to continue to work hard in school, strive towards their goals and give back generously to those in need.
Thank you for recognizing what we do and for allowing us to share our beautiful story to your faithful readers.
Veronica Parnell, Capt, USAF (Retired)
Senior Aerospace Science Instructor
Wichita Heights High School
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Club Targeting Young Women Has Their First Meetup
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Natural Hair Beauties that are Making a Difference!
- A Must Read For Natural Hair Nazis
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Black Hair Education: The Key To Ending Discrimination?
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Retired Veteran Is Teaching Young Women To Love Their Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question