Alopecia, simply defined as baldness, is a condition that many women of color suffer and in many cases can avoid becoming a victim of. The condition can take hold of a perfectly healthy scalp due to illness, use of certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs, overly irritating hairstyles such as tight braids, weaves or ponytails, […]
Here’s a curious story. Several naturals who frequent salons to get their natural hair straightened on occasion are reporting that salons have increased their pricing structure for straightening natural hair. According to the article on Madame Noire, one reader lamented that a salon that she regularly frequented increased the price of straightening natural hair. Another […]
Here’s an update from Veronica Parnell who we featured in an article because of the great work that she is doing with helping young women love their hair, (and bond with each other in the process). Check out Veronica’s latest news and if you are in the area, join Veronica and the […]
I fell in love with little five year old Ryleigh Lynne who is learning to style her natural hair and decided to make an instructional video. When she tries to pull all of her thick, beautiful natural hair into a ponytail, “like mommy does” she comes to the conclusion that she “has too much hair” […]
We were inspired to learn the story of Veronica Parnell, a military veteran and proud “mature” natural who started a club for girls at Wichita Heights High School in Kansas that is teaching girls how to love their natural hair.
Thanks Veronica for sharing your journey and for making a difference in the community […]
At Natural Haircare News we aim to change attitudes about natural hair. Beyond the outward appearance though, we know in order to embrace our natural hair, that we’ve covered up for so long, one must know and embrace one’s self. Doing the work to build self-awareness and self-love. Being in community with like minded women […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Transitioners Start Here
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace