We are excited to share an update on the Wichita Natural Hair Meetup led by Veronica Parnell.
Since we last connected, our club has grown in leaps and bounds and the girls have been working diligently to give back to our community. The group engages young girls in giving back to the community as […]
As a natural woman, we tend to get uncomfortable questions about our hair regularly. There are many people that don’t understand the art of natural hair or wearing weaves, wigs, braids and other protective hairstyles. Often, these individuals will allow ignorance on the subject to compel them to ask inappropriate and uncomfortable questions.
As a natural woman, having a community of support from like-minded people is a powerful resource. If you haven’t attended a natural hair event before, you may want to consider it. There are many held around the nation each year. Below are some that may be of interest to you.
The 3rd Annual New […]
Lupita Nyong’o is a talented and beautiful actress that continues to wow us on screen with her thespian skills. However, this young woman brings much more to the table than glowing beauty and talent. Ms. Nyong’o oozes confidence in her heritage, her hair, and her velvety chocolate skin tone, epitomizing black girl magic. We see […]
Several young black girls in the United States grow up having a love-hate relationship with their natural hair. That’s because they are subjected to subliminal messaging that teach them to envy their white counterparts with their silky straight locks. As a result, black girls are accustomed to having their thick locks straightened at a […]
Self-love as a woman is a difficult mindset to master. All around us, we are bombarded with what society’s portrayal of beauty standards are. With the onset of social media, the sexualization of our women- especially our brown women- is at an all-time high. Women and young girls are consistently seen wearing less, adding […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question