The Institute of Beauty in the Bartlett, Tennessee can shout for joy! In 2016, the school became the first natural hair school to open its doors in the state. In addition, the students who’ve graduated have passed their state board exam, resulting in a 100% licensing rate.
The school opened on June 2, 2016, with […]
Versatile actress Taraji P. Henson has worn many looks for her many different roles. She’s had straight hair, curly tresses, and worn lengths super-long as well as short and sweet. Since many people know her today as Cookie on the television series Empire, they’ve seen her wear more wigs than they can count! While Taraji […]
In a society that’s not quick to celebrate all things related to black beauty, black people often have to take the lead in celebrating themselves. Whether it’s loudly proclaiming “I’m Black and I’m Proud” along with James Brown or no longer beating our curls and kinks into submission, today’s black pride movement is able to […]
Back in 2013, 12-year-old Vanessa VanDyke was threatened by her school to be suspended for wearing her natural hair. Even though the Florida student and her mother, Sabrina Kent received support from people around the world, Vanessa’s self-esteem began to decline. In addition to her school’s threats, the young girl was being bullied by her […]
“Marcus, it is time you go to the barbershop so you can do something with that nappy head of yours.”
My mother use to tell me that as a kid whenever my hair grew 1 month since my last haircut. As an adolescent, hearing the word “nappy” never bothered me. It was just another term […]
So many things run through your mind when faced with a cancer diagnosis. Although hair loss may be perceived by those not touched by cancer as something that should be the least of one’s worries, chemotherapy induced hair loss can be traumatic for many women. Our identity is connected in some ways to our […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace