“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure […]
So many things run through your mind when faced with a cancer diagnosis. Although hair loss may be perceived by those not touched by cancer as something that should be the least of one’s worries, chemotherapy induced hair loss can be traumatic for many women. Our identity is connected in some ways to our […]
Yes, the title #BlackSalonProblems is a little provocative but no worries – Rica Elysee, Founder of BeautyLynk, a nationally recognized hair, makeup and nails “at home or office” service featuring fully vetted beauty professionals ain’t hating on black hair salons. Just the opposite. She loves the industry and its dedicated beauty […]
A lot of mothers find it difficult to care for or maintain their African American children’s hair. Often, they complain that the hair is just too curly, frizzy, kinky and nappy that brushing and styling it is almost an impossible and futile task.
Alopecia, simply defined as baldness, is a condition that many women of color suffer and in many cases can avoid becoming a victim of. The condition can take hold of a perfectly healthy scalp due to illness, use of certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs, overly irritating hairstyles such as tight braids, weaves or ponytails, […]
Here’s a curious story. Several naturals who frequent salons to get their natural hair straightened on occasion are reporting that salons have increased their pricing structure for straightening natural hair. According to the article on Madame Noire, one reader lamented that a salon that she regularly frequented increased the price of straightening natural hair. Another […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College