As a natural woman, we tend to get uncomfortable questions about our hair regularly. There are many people that don’t understand the art of natural hair or wearing weaves, wigs, braids and other protective hairstyles. Often, these individuals will allow ignorance on the subject to compel them to ask inappropriate and uncomfortable questions.
As a natural woman, having a community of support from like-minded people is a powerful resource. If you haven’t attended a natural hair event before, you may want to consider it. There are many held around the nation each year. Below are some that may be of interest to you.
The 3rd Annual New […]
Lupita Nyong’o is a talented and beautiful actress that continues to wow us on screen with her thespian skills. However, this young woman brings much more to the table than glowing beauty and talent. Ms. Nyong’o oozes confidence in her heritage, her hair, and her velvety chocolate skin tone, epitomizing black girl magic. We see […]
Self-love as a woman is a difficult mindset to master. All around us, we are bombarded with what society’s portrayal of beauty standards are. With the onset of social media, the sexualization of our women- especially our brown women- is at an all-time high. Women and young girls are consistently seen wearing less, adding […]
When you’ve become accustomed to relaxing your hair for most of your existence, going natural is a strong jolt of reality in how much your life alters. As with any major lifestyle change, if you are unprepared for what’s in front of you, you may become deterred- and that deterrence may make you consider […]
Unfortunately, natural sisters, the sad truth is that corporations can write their own guidelines regarding dress and neatness policies for their employees. There are currently no federal guidelines in place that pertain specifically to hair or discrimination against hairstyles and thus, that leaves a very gray area for the employers to use at their […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective