Submit Your Story To Readers’ Spotlight
Subscribe To Our Podcast. It’s Free!
“Marcus, it is time you go to the barbershop so you can do something with that nappy head of yours.”
My mother use to tell me that as a kid whenever my hair grew 1 month since my last haircut. As an adolescent, hearing the word “nappy” never bothered me. It was just another term […]
So many things run through your mind when faced with a cancer diagnosis. Although hair loss may be perceived by those not touched by cancer as something that should be the least of one’s worries, chemotherapy induced hair loss can be traumatic for many women. Our identity is connected in some ways to our […]
Here’s an update from Veronica Parnell who we featured in an article because of the great work that she is doing with helping young women love their hair, (and bond with each other in the process). Check out Veronica’s latest news and if you are in the area, join Veronica […]
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Amanda. Click here.
For years upon years, there has always been certain stigmas attached to the natural hair that grows forth from our roots. Perhaps our hair made us subject to bullying, maybe […]
Every decision has it’s reasons…what would be the reason to go natural? For me personally, going to the salon got way too expensive, I wanted to learn my own hair, and I absolutely love the versatility of natural hair. If you make the decision to go natural, make sure that it is your own […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here