When formal events like proms, weddings and special parties and galas come around, a naturalista may become nervous about how to style her hair. Not to fret! There are plenty of natural styles that are beautiful and elegant, and perfect for formal events. Try these when you have your next big event.
Updos and Hair Ornamentation
One of the best things about being natural today is that there’s so much information available. That can also be one of the worst things about having natural hair. Unfortunately, with this wealth of information, some women get overwhelmed and don’t know who they should listen to or what they should do. If you’ve […]
Sista, when did you get your first perm? The perm has been a stable within the black community for about a century. Every black woman and their mama has been (or tempted to be) exposed to “creamy crack.” The natural hair movement is in full swing now but some sistas is still perming their hair […]
In a time where some black-owned hair care companies turn over ownership to bigger, white-owned brands, natural women are understandably leery whenever this happens. In some cases, formulas change in order to meet the needs of a wider hair demographic, with often disappointing results for the kinky-haired women who supported the company in the first […]
Everyone knows braids and Alicia Keys go together like peanut butter and jelly. Recently, Mrs. Keys posted three Instagram photos of her hair in small rubber band sections that went into two braids. The sections and braids were decorated with gold cuffs. The singer wore a beautiful white blouse, hoop earrings, and pearly whites to […]
Have you ever asked yourself what kind of brotha loves natural hair women? A brotha that brims with delight when he sees a sista rocking her curly, kinky twist. As a black man who loves natural hair, I can give you some insight on this type of man.
The following 3 things are characteristics of […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question