Every natural girl and woman will learn that humidity is their kryptonite. Humidity in the air causes major frizz- and that can lead to some disappointing hair days. For naturalistas, the longer, curlier and tighter the curl, the bigger the frizz. Understanding the science of why and how the moisture in the air impacts the […]
When the Black Power Movement started in the 1960s, the Afro became one of its more recognized symbols. Black Power is a political movement among individuals of African descent in the United States and throughout the world. This movement had emphasized racial pride and strived for the creation of cultural and political institutions that would promote Black collective interests.
I cried, I cried… it was such an emotional experience and it wasn’t just about hair. It was what my perception of beauty was and had been for all of my life and then I look at myself in the mirror and I’m like, ‘That doesn’t look like what I thought was beautiful.”
The black haircare product business is a multi billion-dollar business that has been dominated primarily by major white owned haircare companies.
For decades, hair straightening and “taming” products have been the cornerstone of black haircare; making companies millions annually.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective