Felicia Leatherwood, natural hair stylist to the stars… and me, (Lol), reached out to Natural Haircare News, to spread the word about her event.
Kurlz on Film, in Felicia’s words, is a special meet-up showcasing women filmmakers who uplift and inspire the community of naturals through their films about natural hair and culture.
Like a lot of naturals my hair style and more accurately length changes from day-to-day, week to week and sometimes from morning to afternoon depending on the weather!
Other factors as you know come in to play as well. Like whether we stretch it or not through various techniques or simply twist it Sunday night […]
It’s just hair!… Or is it?
I’ve been noticing a few articles lately as I surf the net looking for Natural Hair Care News that seem to be for natural hair but against the proclaimed natural hair movement.
It was intriguing to me that other blacks, particularly here in the United States, given our history, might […]
Did I really just hear someone utter those words? Am I really even surprised?
“Everyone ain’t supposed to be natural” I heard this acquaintance of mine say as a woman in all her nappy glory walked by.
“What do you mean, I said?”
“Well some people just look better with straight hair” was her reply.
I felt my […]
As women, our hair is our crown of glory and the fact that we spend a great amount of time and money on our hair is proof of that.
Maybe it’s my environment. I live in Hollywood and I work in the entertainment industry where image is, in most people’s eyes, everything.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question