Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Amanda. Click here.
Please pause that big-chop video on YouTube, drop those scissors and let’s snap back to reality here. So you want to go natural? You want to begin a hair […]
There are a lot of challenges that come with deciding to go natural. Although it is a great choice, for you overall as well as hair health, it is not easy at times. You have to learn how to handle a completely different hair texture, which can be hard in the beginning, especially coming […]
It’s just hair!… Or is it?
I’ve been noticing a few articles lately as I surf the net looking for Natural Hair Care News that seem to be for natural hair but against the proclaimed natural hair movement.
It was intriguing to me that other blacks, particularly here in the United States, given our history, […]
There are so many misconceptions and untruths out there about our natural hair:
Natural hair is hard to manage. Of course it is if you have never learned how to take care of your hair. Like anything, understanding your hair is half the battle. Take the time to understand your hair. What are […]
Did I really just hear someone utter those words? Am I really even surprised?
“Everyone ain’t supposed to be natural” I heard this acquaintance of mine say as a woman in all her nappy glory walked by.
“What do you mean, I said?”
“Well some people just look better with straight hair” was her reply.
I felt […]
We’ve heard ad nauseum that relaxers not only cause serious damage to our hair but that the chemicals in relaxers are in fact a health risk.
But there are so many other reasons, (and benefits) to going natural:
1. You begin to learn about your “real” hair and all of its beauty. Whether you […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Transitioners Start Here
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace