In the early 2000’s natural hair wasn’t “the movement” it has become today. In fact, I started my natural hair journey back in 2001 before natural hair regained it’s popularity following its 1960’s and 70’s reign.
Prior to 2001, I was addicted to what most would call “creamy crack” AKA perm/relaxer. I got […]
The natural hair movement gained a lot of momentum during the last few years. Black women everywhere have abandoned the perm box in return for learning how to care for their natural hair. In addition, the recent finding that links relaxers to health issues like fibroids has caused more women to […]
“Milkshake” singer Kelis gave herself an impromptu haircut right before catching a flight. She started off an Instagram video addressing her stylist saying, “Maisha, don’t freak out but I just decided to cut my hair.” Celebrity stylist Maisha Oliver maintains the singer’s hair.
The courageous singer said after flat ironing her red-highlighted strands, she noticed […]
Some women find their natural hair inspiration in their children. Torrei Hart, comedian Kevin Hart’s ex-wife, says she was inspired by her daughter, Heaven, to create her natural hair care line, Heavenly Hart by Nzuri. Torrei didn’t just come up with product names — she was actively involved and worked closely with Nzuri’s CEO and […]
Singer Erica Campbell from the gospel group Mary Mary may be contemplating going natural! The host of the radio show Get Up! Mornings was not feeling her “real hair” last week. Campbell wore her hair curled with a part in the middle. After the curls dropped due to the rain, she took to Instagram to […]
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Amanda. Click here.
Please pause that big-chop video on YouTube, drop those scissors and let’s snap back to reality here. So you want to go natural? You want to begin a hair journey? I […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question