Here is an article that transcends the usual buzz around styling and managing black hair and sheds some light on the social, political, and historical aspects of Black ethnic hairstyles and the impact on White America: What the Evolution of Black Hair Says About White America Today.
The author, Jamilah King touches on the cultural […]
It’s just hair!… Or is it?
I’ve been noticing a few articles lately as I surf the net looking for Natural Hair Care News that seem to be for natural hair but against the proclaimed natural hair movement.
It was intriguing to me that other blacks, particularly here in the United States, given our history, […]
If you are anything like so many other women of color out there, you probably haven’t gotten to know your hair’s true texture until later in life when you finally decided to go natural.
If you read my post, “4 Topics That Unnerve and Divide The Natural Hair Community”, one of the topics that seems to be up for much debate is the idea of stretching one’s hair using braid and twist outs, hair banding, and other methods that don’t break down the hair through the use of chemicals.
A panel discussion on the political, social and personal issues related to black women’s hair will kick off today at the Smithsonian.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question