Here’s an update from Veronica Parnell who we featured in an article because of the great work that she is doing with helping young women love their hair, (and bond with each other in the process). Check out Veronica’s latest news and if you are in the area, join Veronica and the […]
At Natural Haircare News we aim to change attitudes about natural hair. Beyond the outward appearance though, we know in order to embrace our natural hair, that we’ve covered up for so long, one must know and embrace one’s self. Doing the work to build self-awareness and self-love. Being in community with like minded women […]
Click below to listen
Is chemo curls a myth or fact from the black woman’s perspective?
Chemo curls is the phenomena where a person’s hair grows back a different texture, (often curlier) than it was before losing hair to chemotherapy treatments.
Dianne discusses her personal bout with cancer and the chemotherapy treatments that resulted […]
Click to listen to audio:
NHCN co-founders Dianne and Pamela talk about Pamela’s journey as a black actress with natural hair in Hollywood and whether or not being natural has impacted Pamela’s career.
Mentioned in this episode: Pamela’s IMDB Acting Credits Page
“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at […]
I know you are probably wondering why the use of the word dangerous is associated with something as beneficial and educative as YouTube. The reason is because of the several unhealthy natural hair practices that take place on YouTube. I will like to acknowledge the fact that YouTube can be very beneficial for managing your […]
Yes, we should know this by now. Yes, we do it to some degree.
But for someone, like me, whose fragile hair apparently snags and splits on a dime, natural hair protection is key. Especially if you are trying to retain length – which I am at this point.
I sat in my stylists […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Transitioners Start Here
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace