I came across an interesting article speaking to the subject: “Do all Black Men Hate Their Nappy Hair”.
The writer wrote the article from a perspective, after apparently reading comments that Charles Barkley made (and has made throughout his career) about black people and image. Her assessment – he is filled with self-hate.
I’m always […]
As women, our hair is our crown of glory and the fact that we spend a great amount of time and money on our hair is proof of that.
Although I love wearing my wash and go for many reasons and often defend the practice, proclaiming I prefer it over twist and braid-outs, I recently had an Aha moment. I realized I honestly, secretly, had hair envy for the fabulous twist & braid outs I see that my fine hair wasn’t achieving.
Here are four fallacies that some black women have about natural hair:
1. Natural Hair is Extremely Hard to Manage
Actually, any hair type can be hard to manage if you aren’t familiar or comfortable with handling your hair type. How often do we feel frustrated about our hair whether our hair is natural or relaxed because our hair just doesn’t seem to fall right; or our hair is dry. Maybe the ends of our hair are breaking off so it appears to not be growing. It could be hard to comb.
You wouldn’t know it from watching the You Tube videos, but make no mistake – women of all ages have joined the natural haircare movement, including our beautiful, mature, kinky, coily, curly haired naturals.
Heck, most older natural haired beauties have been rockin’ their natural hair for decades!
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College