I’m pissed that I am actually talking about this topic four years later. People– specifically black people are still hating on Gabby Douglas and her hair.
This reminds me of the people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones adage. I’d like to meet the person on this planet that is perfect. Oh yeah, […]
Click to listen to audio:
NHCN co-founders Dianne and Pamela talk about Pamela’s journey as a black actress with natural hair in Hollywood and whether or not being natural has impacted Pamela’s career.
Mentioned in this episode: Pamela’s IMDB Acting Credits Page
“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at […]
We loved this story of one woman’s natural hair journey as an American overseas.
Sheryll Donerson highlighted her experience living in Korea and the cultural differences she experienced as it relates to both hair texture and race in an article for Refinery29.
Some of the challenges that she faced included finding products geared towards natural hair, […]
Naturals, have you heard of a product called Minute Weave?
As the name implies, you can create natural, wavy or straight hair styles in minutes by attaching Velcro-backed strips of hair onto a special cap. The product promises a quick and easy new do in minutes and saves the hair […]
Download the audio: (4 mins, 7 secs)
Are naturals over 40 represented in social media? We have some thoughts on the topic, (no surprise)! Listen to hear what we think.
Bottom Line: We want to raise the profile of the mature natural-haired black women. You can help us by sending us your […]
Knowing that you have cancer is a life changing experience. The process of being treated can be draining. I’ve been blessed to have a great support network of family and friends but patients may have needs that cannot be met by their support system. For many, being treated creates a whole new set of […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question