The recent commercial acceptance of the natural hair movement has more mothers opting against adding straightening chemicals to their children’s hair- or even straightening it at all. Young children have a grade of hair that is more susceptible to damage from heat, so opting for natural hair is best. However, wearing your hair naturally […]
Imagine your child going to school and being threatened with expulsion because of his or her natural hair color. According to the Metro.co.uk, an 18-year-old Japanese girl who attended the Kaifukan School alleges that she was forced to dye her hair or be expelled. As a result, she endured “pain and irritation” […]
It has become a common occurrence for children to be teased or sent home because of their natural hair. The psychological effects of these incidences on a child’s self esteem can be devastating. This raises the question of what we should do as parents and caregivers to help them. Here are 5 actions you can […]
Back in 2013, 12-year-old Vanessa VanDyke was threatened by her school to be suspended for wearing her natural hair. Even though the Florida student and her mother, Sabrina Kent received support from people around the world, Vanessa’s self-esteem began to decline. In addition to her school’s threats, the young girl was being bullied by her […]
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Amanda. Click here.
For years upon years, there has always been certain stigmas attached to the natural hair that grows forth from our roots. Perhaps our hair made us subject to bullying, maybe […]
Don’t use negative terms when talking about hair. Yes, natural hair takes getting used to, but that is because many of us aren’t used to working with our natural texture.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair - A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- To Trim Or Not To Trim - That Is The Question