It has become a common occurrence for children to be teased or sent home because of their natural hair. The psychological effects of these incidences on a child’s self esteem can be devastating. This raises the question of what we should do as parents and caregivers to help them. Here are 5 actions you can […]
Back in 2013, 12-year-old Vanessa VanDyke was threatened by her school to be suspended for wearing her natural hair. Even though the Florida student and her mother, Sabrina Kent received support from people around the world, Vanessa’s self-esteem began to decline. In addition to her school’s threats, the young girl was being bullied by her […]
A lot of mothers find it difficult to care for or maintain their African American children’s hair. Often, they complain that the hair is just too curly, frizzy, kinky and nappy that brushing and styling it is almost an impossible and futile task.
Barber, Derrick Culpepper is no stranger to hair, but styling his 3-year-old daughter Linda’s hair proved to be a challenge. In an almost one-and-a-half minute video, the dad attempts to put the little girl’s hair in two puffs. While Derrick is applying products and brushing her hair, Linda does the cutest thing by encouraging dad […]
We all know of babies whose mothers are adding chemicals to their hair at the earliest sign of a kink or curl.
I can remember as a child being thrilled to get a black Barbie doll with ‘afro hair’ since most of the popular dolls that were available at the time were white dolls.
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here