Back in 2013, 12-year-old Vanessa VanDyke was threatened by her school to be suspended for wearing her natural hair. Even though the Florida student and her mother, Sabrina Kent received support from people around the world, Vanessa’s self-esteem began to decline. In addition to her school’s threats, the young girl was being bullied by her […]
A lot of mothers find it difficult to care for or maintain their African American children’s hair. Often, they complain that the hair is just too curly, frizzy, kinky and nappy that brushing and styling it is almost an impossible and futile task.
Here’s an update from Veronica Parnell who we featured in an article because of the great work that she is doing with helping young women love their hair, (and bond with each other in the process). Check out Veronica’s latest news and if you are in the area, join Veronica […]
I fell in love with little five year old Ryleigh Lynne who is learning to style her natural hair and decided to make an instructional video. When she tries to pull all of her thick, beautiful natural hair into a ponytail, “like mommy does” she comes to the conclusion that she “has too much hair” […]
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair