Which Is Best: Slow Transition To Natural, Or The Big Chop?
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Natural Hair Care News Founder Featured in Entrepreneurship Video - August 25, 2017
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
Going through the transition process to 100% natural hair after having a relaxer is not as easy as it seems.
For many of us, there is real emotion tied to our hair. The step-by-step process of going form relaxed to natural hair can be frustrating for many.
Should you just do the big chop and start fresh? Is gradually cutting off the relaxed ends a better option? The reality is, you have to make the decision that makes your feel the most comfortable.
I’m someone who hasn’t been able to wean myself over to natural hair quickly. I don’t think that I look good with super short hair at all!
My sister on the other hand went natural years ago and she was perfectly fine with the BC – and she rocked it! She also has the right face for a TWA, teeny, weeny, afro.
The bottom line, do what’s ultimately best for you. Like the popular Nike phrase states – Just do it.
Welcome to the natural side!
Author: Dianne Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair Care News: Everything You Need To Know About Natural Hair Care Tips and Trends
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Solutions For Natural Hair Shrinkage
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!
- The Top Ten Super Foods for Healthy Natural Hair
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College