Black Owned Haircare Companies Taking the Lead in the Multimillion Dollar Natural Haircare Industry
The black haircare product business is a multi billion-dollar business that has been dominated primarily by major white owned haircare companies.
For decades, hair straightening and “taming” products have been the cornerstone of black haircare; making companies millions annually.
But now there is a new game in town being played by savvy black entrepreneurs who are leading the “black hair in it’s natural state is beautiful” charge. Black women all over the world are circling back to their “roots” and are proudly wearing their hair natural; unencumbered by relaxers, or texturizers. And the movement isn’t confined to braided hairstyles which many incorrectly lump under the category of “natural haircare” despite the routine use of artificial hair to create many of the most popular braided hairstyles.
The article “Live By the Lye, Die By the Lye: Major Hair Companies Eclipsed By Black-Owned Natural Hair Care Lines” is an exceptionally written unveiling of the predominance of these black entrepreneurs who are taking the lead and getting their recognition in this fast-growing multi-million dollar industry. From Miss Jessie’s, and Kinky Kurly, to Carol’s Daughter, Jane Carter Solutions and more; Black owned companies are taking charge by giving black women what they want. Love this article!
Author: Dianne Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Natural Conditioners for Curly – Kinky Hair
- My ‘Brunch with EDEN’: The Woman. The Products.
- Teen Is Founder, CEO Of Six Figure Global Natural Hair Product Business
- The Black Power Movements’ Influence on the “Natural Hair Movement”
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- The Choice Is Yours
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies
- Teyonah Parris on Her Natural Hair: It Looked Nothing Like ‘What I thought was beautiful’
- Which Is Best: Slow Transition To Natural, Or The Big Chop?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Transitioners Start Here