Readers’ Spotlight: Terri’s Transition to Natural Hair
Latest posts by Terri (see all)
- Readers’ Spotlight:Terri’s Transition to Natural Hair - July 24, 2012
Share your story as a guest poster and be featured on our website and social media pages just like Terri. Click here.
We’d like to thank Terri from Braintree, MA for sharing the following short story about her experience with going natural. We couldn’t get a picture, but that’s ok… We know Terri and can tell you that she is beautiful, both inside and out!
Terri’s Natural Hair Journey:
Thanks for sharing your new natural hair blog! I found your journey interesting because I stopped perming back in 2000… and I don’t miss it! (Love the pics and I can certainly remember you and Pam from back then!).
Usually in the summer (and before I chopped my long hair off), I would just leave in conditioner and put it in a ponytail. I loved giving it a break from all the heat that I normally abuse it with. However whenever I would leave it loose and wet, it would eventually get tight and wild looking. I always wanted to leave it loose but I never found the right product to make it look natural, loose yet controlled.
I remember when I last saw you at a party, how I raved about how great your natural hair looked. Love the transformation! That’s the look that I would like to achieve natural, shiny and controlled. I will sample a couple of your favorite products to see how they work with my hair.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- What Are The Worst Things You Can Do To Your Natural Hair? Here Are Four You Might Be Guilty Of
- Confessions of a Former Product Junkie
- Readers’ Spotlight: Nappy and Natural – Lynnette’s Story
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- Transitioning Adventure!
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Is Natural Hair Still a Pejorative?
- Are You Protective Styling Or Defective Styling?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question