Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
Whether we’re talking about natural hair or remodeling a home, we are in the age of DIY – Do it yourself. While empowering yourself to care for your own hair is very much a good thing, there may be times when going to a professional is what the hair care doctor ordered.
Choosing a natural hair care stylist though isn’t always an easy feat!
In my opinion…
- A great natural hair stylist should know all textures and techniques when it comes to hair – natural and relaxed. This is especially important to those transitioning.
- A great natural hair stylist (or any stylist) respects your time and doesn’t double/triple book their clients.
- A great natural stylist is not a dictator and allows for your input about your hair.
- A great natural stylist knows how to… style and not just groom your kinks, coils and curls.
I found all these and more in one of my favorite natural hair care experts, Felicia Leatherwood of Loving Your Hair with Natural Care. Click the following link to read what she has to say regarding How To Choose a Good Natural Hairstylist. Felicia also gives amazing haircare workshops and may be coming to a city near you soon!
Author: Pamela Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!
- Which Is Best: Slow Transition To Natural, Or The Big Chop?