The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
Kinky, coily hair can already be troublesome when it comes to retaining moisture. Factor in the harsh winter weather and the next few months can be a discouraging journey.
Enter the L.O.C Method
I fell into this method a couple of months ago by trial and error and recently learned it had a name in the natural hair care world.
The L.O.C Method is a 3 step moisturizing system where each proceeding process seals in the one before. Keep in mind the order is important.
Water. Oil. Butter.
1. Start with water or a water based leave-in to moisturize hair.
Always remember, the only thing that can moisturize your hair is water.
2. Lightly seal in the moisture with your favorite oil.
3. Use a butter or cream for the final seal then style.
It’s as simple as that.
With this method I can maintain moisture and style for multiple days without having to reapply product. It’s a beautiful thing!
Do you use this method or another to retain moisture? Be sure to leave a comment about it so we can all benefit!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Nourishing Dry Brittle Hair from Within
- Low Manipulation Hair Styling Strategies
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair