Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
Teaching young black children to love their natural hair from the start, begins with those closest to them.
In those formative years, when we are teaching our babies all of the essentials, which they often learn by the example that we set for them, let’s not forget to give them constant praise and positive images when it comes to their crown and glory.
As Ursula Moon states in her article About Black Infant Haircare, African American babies (and most black babies around the world I would add), tend to have thick curly hair with specific hair care needs – not much different from our own.
Let’s help them keep that thick curly hair from infancy to well beyond when they leave the nest!
Read on for some quick, simple and timely advice “About Black Infant Haircare” at Livestrong.com.
Let’s give the ‘now’ generation and the next generation a great “head” start!
Author: Pamela Shaddock
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Readers’ Spotlight: Mixed Chicks – Product Review
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- Teaching Our Children to Love Their Hair
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- Five year old Maleigha’s Natural Hair Salon Adventure
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question