Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
Here’s a thought provoking article written by a white woman who adopted a black baby.
She spoke about the decision she and her husband, (who is black), made to keep their baby girl’s hair natural as opposed to trying to straighten, chemically relax or even braiding their daughter’s hair.
A white woman caring for a black child’s hair is a provocative topic as the author so aptly points out. Our hair, contrary to popular belief is fragile and needs to be treated gently. It’s clear that this mom and dad took the time to research how to care for natural hair. Learn more about this mom’s journey – Natural Hair and Transracial Parenting.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- A Historical Perspective to Natural Hair Movement
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- 3 Hair Loss Problems Caused By Natural Hair Care Practices
- Sheryl Underwood Apologies for Negative Comments on Afro Hair, Reveals Her Natural Hair on Air [Video]
- NHCN Alert: Natural Hair Product Giveaways & “Naturals Over 40” Survey
- Natural Hair Breakage? Here Are 4 Reasons Why Your Hair Is Breaking
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- The NaySayers Were Wrong…Natural Hair Is Not Going Anywhere
- Exploring the History of the Natural Hair Movement
- Winners of the $50 Guest Post & $30 Comment/Like Hair Product Giveaways
- The Real Deal: 4 Critical Features to Look For in a Natural Hair Salon
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College