The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Alopecia and Me: Living with permanent hair loss
- 4 Topics That Unnerve and Divide The Natural Hair Community
- Hair Loss, Hair Gains: One Woman’s Story
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural!
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
- The Benefits of Natural Hair
- Beyoncé Shows Off Her Natural Hair – Weave
- NHCN Podcast 007: Homemade Natural Hair Products Versus Store Bought Products
- How Does my Natural Hair Affect my Life in the Professional World?