The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
- Cancer, Chemo and Hair Loss: One Naturalista’s Journey
- Losing Your Natural Hair? The Remedy Might Be In Your Kitchen!
- Unconventional Ways to Cleanse Your Kinks, Curls and Coils
- The Lucrative Hair Weave Market – Why Women Are Getting The Hair Snatched Off Their Heads
- Using Technology To Track Your Natural Hair Journey- Share Your Selfies!
- Resisting The Temptation To Relax Your Natural Hair
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
- Natural Hair Annual Events
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- NHCN Podcast 003: How Friends & Family React to Our Natural Hair