The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Resisting The Temptation To Relax Your Natural Hair
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Black Women with Natural Hair – My Reflections
- Guidelines vs. Discrimination- How far Can Corporations go in Dictating Hairstyles?
- The Top Concerns of Women with Natural Hair – Felicia Leatherwood, Celebrity Stylist
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
- Reversing the Mistreatment of Black Hair
- Transitioning Adventure!
- Are You Too Concerned With Curl Definition?
- Can You Still Repair Heat Damaged Natural Hair?
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- Ready To Go Natural? 14 Reasons Why You Should
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair