The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Why It’s Legal to Ban Natural Locs at Work
- Nourishing Your Natural Hair From Within
- Caring for a Child’s Natural Hair – Transracial Parenting Perspective
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Natural Hair Wigs and Weaves Are All The Rage In Hollywood
- How to Reroute Uncomfortable Questions About your Hair
- Natural Hair Commentary from Around the World: A Glimpse Into Views on Natural Hair From South Africa
- Poll: Do You Believe That The Chemicals in Relaxers Cause Health Issues? Is It Why You Went Natural?
- Nappy Hair – The Other “N” Word?
- How Social Media Can Change the Game for Bad Hair Service
- Embracing My Natural Crown
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here