The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Natural Hair Commentary from Around the World: A Glimpse Into Views on Natural Hair From South Africa
- Natural Hair Wigs and Weaves Are All The Rage In Hollywood
- 3 Possible Disadvantages Of Finger Detangling You May Not Know Of
- Why Kinky, Coily, Afro Hair Is More Than Just In Vogue, – It’s Here To Stay!
- My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
- Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
- MSNBC Host Melissa Harris Perry Shares Her Views About Natural Hair for New Book
- Requiem for a Relaxer: Confessions of a Born Again Natural
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College