The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- Are You Too Concerned With Curl Definition?
- Tyra Banks: My Natural Hair Almost Cost My Career
- DIY Yogurt Recipes to Improve Your Natural Hair Health
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
- Are You Ready To Go Natural?
- The Andre Walker System and Classifying Hair Curl Patterns
- NHCN Podcast 001: Why We Started Natural Haircare News
- Hair Edges: Why You Are Losing It & How You Can Restore It
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!
- Exploring the History of the Natural Hair Movement