The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Natural Hair Care News Founder Featured in Entrepreneurship Video - August 25, 2017
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
I think anyone who wears her hair natural after wearing it straight can write a book about the “unique” comments that they may encounter – usually from those closest to us – our family and friends.
Here are 10 of the most rude comments that I’ve encountered about my natural hair:
- What are you trying to do?
- Your job lets you wear your hair like that?
- Oh, interesting…
- I can’t go natural- I want my hair to look good!
- I liked the way your hair used to look.
- I can tell that you don’t have to spend a lot of time on your hair.
- What does your family/partner think?
- My partner/husband would never like my hair that way!
- I have a professional job so I’d never be able to wear my hair natural.
- So, when are you going to straighten your hair?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Black Women with Natural Hair – My Reflections
- More Reasons Why Chemically Treated Hair Poses a Danger to The Health of Black Women
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- You’ve Heard it Before But Worth Repeating – Tips To Avoid Hairline Damage
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Help a Brotha’ Out! How Do I Maintain My Locs?
- Resisting The Temptation To Relax Your Natural Hair
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- Don’t Believe The Hype: 6 Untruths About Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College