White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace
Artist Endia Beal is creating a buzz and challenging the norm with a pictorial which features middle aged white business women donning black hairstyles. The goal of the unusual pictorial is to break down assumptions. The hairstyles chosen for the the businesswoman turned models clearly have a cultural slant.
Of the eye opening pictorial, Beal says:
“I wanted people that had a certain idea of what you’re supposed to look like in the workspace, because it would be a challenge for them to understand what I experienced in that space… to a degree, many young white women have shared that experience, but for older white women it’s an experience they haven’t necessarily had.”
The artist’s goal is to encourage dialogue around the issue of differences as it relates to race, gender and age.
Check out the photos here: White Women, Black Hairstyles.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.
You May Also Like:
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- NHCN Podcast 0015: Loving Our Natural Hair Shrinkage
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
- NHCN Alert: Natural Hair Product Giveaways & “Naturals Over 40” Survey
- My Thoughts: Curls Gone Wild Natural Hair Event in Boston
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?