Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Twitter has been abuzz in the last few days because of Lolo Jones’ Twitter comments in response to a fan who chose to dress up like her for Halloween.
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Jill Scott Doesn’t Let Her Hair Define Her
- Requiem for a Relaxer: Confessions of a Born Again Natural
- Skai Jackson Gives Us Bun Greatness!
- The Lucrative Hair Weave Market – Why Women Are Getting The Hair Snatched Off Their Heads
- NHCN Podcast 0016: The Anatomy of a Natural Hair Meetup
- The Effects of Celebrity Natural Hair Stylists’ Presence on Social Media
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- NHCN Podcast 0017: The Natural Hair and the Latino Perspective With Carolina Contreras of Miss Rizos.com
- Teyonah Parris on Her Natural Hair: It Looked Nothing Like ‘What I thought was beautiful’
- Empowering Our Girls Through Play
- What We Can Learn From Viola Davis About Wearing Wigs, Natural Hair, and Hair Loss
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?