Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Twitter has been abuzz in the last few days because of Lolo Jones’ Twitter comments in response to a fan who chose to dress up like her for Halloween.
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Lucrative Hair Weave Market – Why Women Are Getting The Hair Snatched Off Their Heads
- Are Relaxers Becoming Extinct?
- Four Misconceptions Black Women Have About Natural Hair
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- Love Your Braids But Hate The Itch? Simple Strategies for Battling Itchy Scalp
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey
- Are You Ready To Go Natural?
- Embracing Our Own Standard Of Beauty
- Why It’s Wrong to Call Your Hair Nappy
- Hair Damage? Avoid These 4 Bad Habits That Wreak Havoc On Kinky Curly Hair
- Natural Hair Breakage? Here Are 4 Reasons Why Your Hair Is Breaking