Natural Hair Versus Straight Hair- The War Rages On
Twitter has been abuzz in the last few days because of Lolo Jones’ Twitter comments in response to a fan who chose to dress up like her for Halloween.
For those of you who are not familiar with Lolo Jones, she is a talented Olympic track and field and bobsled athlete. She placed third in the 100 meter hurdle semi finals and fourth in the finals at the 2012 Olympics.
So here is the controversy: A fan of Lolo Jones posted a picture of herself on Twitter sharing the following sentiments along with a picture:
“Lolo jones 4 Halloween. I just need a hurdle.”
The fan was dressed in track gear, but was sporting her natural hair. Lolo wears her hair straightened. Lolo’s response to the Twitter post:
“And a relaxer. I haven’t rocked curls since h.s :p.”
It appears that many Twitter followers viewed Lolo’s comment as a kick in the teeth towards the woman who posted the pic and naturalista’s everywhere.
You can view pics and learn more about the controversy and the backlash against Lolo Jones on the Clutch Magazine website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Hair Is Too Nappy For The Workplace?
- What’s Cooking In The Lab At The Science Of Black Hair?
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- Top Tips for Dealing with Black Hair Discrimination
- Why Using Flat Irons on Natural Hair Will Cause Irreversible Damage
- Kelis Gives Herself a New Haircut!
- The Politics Of Natural Hair: An Effective Get Out The Vote Video Campaign
- NHCN Podcast 006: Are Brothers Feeling Women With Natural Hair?
- POLL: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation?
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Natural Conditioners for Curly – Kinky Hair
- Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire