NHCN Podcast 0012: Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
Latest posts by NHCN (see all)
(19 minutes, 8 seconds)
Thanks for listening to our natural hair care talk show. Dianne shares her experience of having her natural hair searched by security at the airport and her response to the search. Has this happened to you? Leave a comment below.
Mentioned On The Show
1. Link to article: Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
2. LinkedIn Commentary: Question: “I’m trying to get a sense of how common this experience is for naturalistas and whether you would have handled the situation differently?”
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Exhibitionists Host Amanda Parris Shares her Joy and Pain of Wearing Natural Hair
- Are Black Women Being Punished for Wearing Their Hair In Its Natural State?
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
- How Embracing Natural Hair Boosts Self-Love and Confidence
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- The Politics Behind Natural Hair- What Kind of Statement am I Making?
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Don’t Touch My Hair- The Obsession with Black Women’s Hair From Other Races
- Growth Tracking the Natural Hair Industry Over the Last Five Years
Tagged with: airport security • black women • hair frisking • natural hair • TSA