Why I’m Not Obsessed With My Natural Hair Length
I celebrate my 2 year natur-versary in January, 2014. But I won’t be marking my anniversary with a hair length check.
Do I check my hair length? Yes, twice. The last time was many months ago. Do I care about hair length? Yes and No. Yes – I am interested in making sure that my hair is not damaged and wracked with split ends and those awful fairy knots. Yes, I am interested in growing my hair back to the length that it was before my big chop.
No, I don’t constantly stretch my hair to see how long it’s grown. You see, for me, constantly checking my hair length is like watching water boil.
So, I’ve chosen to focus on the health and handling of my hair and not focus on tugging it monthly to see if it’s grown another 1/4 of an inch this month. I’ve found that taking the time to nurture my hair both inside and out has made my hair healthy; and like anything that is loved and nurtured, growth will follow.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- NHCN Podcast 0012: Why Does Airport Security Need to Search My Hair?
- Give Your Hair What It Deserves: 5 Natural Hair Care Tips
- Signs Your Hair Needs a Protein Treatment
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Naturalistas – Check Out “The Curl Connection” Natural Hair Event
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Teaching Our Children to Love Their Hair
- My Hair Journey – Dominique-Alexis
- The Black Power Movements’ Influence on the “Natural Hair Movement”
- DIY Yogurt Recipes to Improve Your Natural Hair Health
- Tennessee’s First Natural Hair School Celebrates Its 100% Pass Rate
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College