NHCN Podcast 0015: Loving Our Natural Hair Shrinkage
Latest posts by NHCN (see all)
[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/naturalhaircarenews/NHCN_Podcast_12_Audio.mp3 | width=210]
(15 mins, 16 secs)
Some Naturalistas love wash and go’s regardless of shrinkage and others, well – HATE it.
Dianne & Pamela discuss the social aspects of natural hair shrinkage and some unusual ways of addressing shrinkage found on YouTube; including how the dew point and vegetable glycerin affects hair shrinkage and curl definition!
Be sure to subscribe to our natural hair radio show on iTunes.
Mentioned in This Podcast
Link: Vegetable Glycerin
NHCN Article: Yes, I Stretch My Natural Hair – No Biggie…
Natural Hair and the Dew Point – Video
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- NHCN Podcast 0019: The Lucrative Hair Weave Market
- NHCN Podcast 0014: Natural Hair Envy
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
- NHCN Podcast 0010: Is Natural Hair a Fad or Here To Stay?
- New England Patriots and MGH Cancer Center Give a Shout Out to Coils to Locs on The Sports Hub, 98.5
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- NHCN Podcast #0023: Nubia’s Guide to Going Natural: A Conversation with Orjanette Bryant
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
Every part of this podcast was valuable and clear…
Keep the info coming and keep up the good work!
I have used dew points to help me achieve a better style. I would look at weather.com or use the app Curls on the Go. Curls on the Go even suggests products to use based on the “frizz forecast”.
That is so interesting! Could you please share the process behind it and how it’s worked for you? For example, when the dew point is low/high, do you get a better style? Does a better style mean no frizz?
Somewhere in the podcast was some valuable information, but the important points were not shared cohesively. For me I would need to read the transcript to fully appreciate the information.
We appreciate your perspective. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.