The Top Concerns of Women with Natural Hair – Felicia Leatherwood, Celebrity Stylist
- Retaining moisture
- Gaining length
Felicia shared her tips on how to retain moisture which in turn will prevent breakage and help you to retain length:
1. Use the LOC method to infuse moisture and alleviate dryness.
LOC is an acronym for:
Felicia recommends that after washing your hair, mix one part conditioner and two parts water. Use a rich conditioner; one with lots of slippage. Add your favorite oil, put on a plastic cap and go to bed. (Protect your pillows with an old towel). Rinse in the morning.
Starting with wet hair is an important step in the LOC method because the cuticle is open when the hair is wet so the hair is “ready to receive all of the conditioner that you add to your hair.”
You can repeat the LOC method over a 3 to 5 day period according to Felicia to “train your hair to lock in the moisture and define your curl pattern.”
2. Lock in moisture by using a leave in conditioner.
It’s a quick and easy way to seal in moisture after you shampoo.
Felicia Leatherwood Month: In our next post, Felicia shares her views on whether sulfate is really bad for your hair as well as her thoughts on the best oils to use for your hair. (You’ll also learn which “go to oil did not make the best oil list).
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Felicia Leatherwood Month – Felicia Shares How She Started Working With Natural Hair
- We Love Felicia Leatherwood Month – Natural Hair Tips and Strategies from the Natural Hair Master
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Meet Anya: A Little Naturalista Who Loves Her Hair (Pictures)
- Quick and Easy Chunky Twistout- Diaries of a Campus Natural
- Natural Haircare Dictionary: Natural Hair Definitions 101
- NHCN Podcast 007: Homemade Natural Hair Products Versus Store Bought Products
- How To Achieve Second-Day Hair
- Can You Still Repair Heat Damaged Natural Hair?