Lupita Nyong’o’s Groundbreaking Approach to the Teenie Weenie Afro
Who knew that the teeny weeny afro (TWA) could be styled in a breathtaking way? Lupita Nyong’o apparently did – or at least her stylist did!
The TWA is traditionally known to be no more than that boring, uninteresting and unvarying phase between the big chop and an afro. That is until Lupita boldly and beautifully stepped up to change that perception.
During the awards season, we witnessed Lupita sporting her TWA with a widow’s peak, parted down the middle, cropped close, in a faux hawk and adorned with headbands.
Elle Magazine interviewed Lupita’s hairstylist who revealed how they came up with the ideas for the amazing styles the award-winning actress wore on the red carpet and beyond.
You can read the interview here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Lupita Nyong’o Inspires All Natural Women
- Black Panther Proves that Black Girls Rock- Favorite Natural Looks from the Black Panther Movie Screening
- Lupita Supports Kheris Rogers’ “Flexin’ In My Complexion” Campaign
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
- The Growing Popularity of Homemade Natural Haircare Products
- The Top 10 Most Rude Comments Family and Friends Make About My Natural Hair
- Why Kinky, Coily, Afro Hair Is More Than Just In Vogue, – It’s Here To Stay!
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- Do You Really Need To Grease Your Scalp?
- Natural Haircare Experiments on Black People!