Unsure About Transitioning to Natural Hair? 6 Benefits to Going Natural
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast#0026 - November 4, 2017
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025 - September 27, 2017
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024 - September 25, 2017
If you’re having second thoughts about going natural, the Atlanta Black Star online lists 6 benefits to consider:
1. You can save money wearing your hair natural. Maintaining relaxed hair is very expensive and going natural limits the expensive salon visits as it is easier to maintain your natural hair on your own.
2. By going natural, you help regain control of a $9 billion dollar black hair care industry. Black women invest lots of money in haircare products. Switching from chemical relaxers to natural products will help budding Black natural hair product entrepreneurs take control of the natural hair care segment of the market.
3. No harmful chemicals are needed when caring for natural hair. Did you know that the ingredients commonly found in perms and relaxers are similar to those in Liquid Drano? By relaxing your hair, you are literally pouring the same toxins used in unclogging drainpipes onto your scalp.
4. Natural is healthier. Black women who have gone natural experience less hair breakage and faster hair growth.
5. You have more style choices with natural hair. Contrary to popular belief, natural hair is more versatile than relaxed hair in that it can be worn many different ways as it grows. There is the teeny weeny afro, coils, twists, braids and up do’s.
6. Proudly wearing your hair as it grows out of your head shows the world the natural beauty of Black women.
You can read the full article here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Benefits of Natural Hair
- Transitioning Adventure!
- Four Misconceptions Black Women Have About Natural Hair
- 4 Things I Have Learned About Myself Since Deciding to Go Natural
- NHCN Podcast 009: A Conversation With Natural Hair Expert Marie Compere of Luv My Natural Curls
- Want to go Natural? Don’t Do It If…
- Common Misconceptions About Natural Hair
- Resisting The Temptation To Relax Your Natural Hair
- Are You Protective Styling Or Defective Styling?
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- What Are The Worst Things You Can Do To Your Natural Hair? Here Are Four You Might Be Guilty Of
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question