Meet Anya: A Little Naturalista Who Loves Her Hair (Pictures)
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Entrepreneur Tonya Cross Is Making Waves in the Natural Hair Space: NHCN Podcast #0026 - November 4, 2017
- Part 2: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0025 - September 27, 2017
- Part 1: Alopecia, Hair Loss and More: A Candid Conversation About Our Hair with Dr. Shari Hicks Graham NHCN Podcast #0024 - September 25, 2017
Our niece Anya is a beautiful young girl who is in love with her natural hair. She loves trying new looks and truly appreciates the uniqueness of her hair.
I decided to interview her to learn more about her natural hair love affair.
She also shared lots of great pictures of her journey over time.
Here’s what she had to say:
NHCN: What do you like most about your hair?
Anya: What I like most about my hair is I looooove the fluffiness and how it gets soooo soft after I take a shower.
NHCN: What do you like least about it?
Anya: It’s starting to be really hard to brush my hair. I hate it when it gets really hot and I get soooo sweaty.
NHCN: What are your favorite ways to style your hair?
Anya: I like to brush my hair in a fro and just brush my hair to the side or in little buns.
NHCN: How do you take care of your hair? (Do you have a favorite shampoo and conditioner? Do you blow dry your hair or let your hair air dry)?
Anya: I don’t have a favorite shampoo or conditioner I like to air dry my hair.
NHCN: What tips or advice would you give young girls with natural hair?
Anya: I don’t really know. Just take care of your hair and get it cut when the ends are split to take care of it.
NHCN: Do you have any other thoughts that you’d like to share about your hair?
Anya: Not any in particular.
Thanks for sharing with us. Your hair looks beautiful!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Teaching Our Children to Love Their Hair
- Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Giving Our Black Babies A “Head” Start
- NHCN Podcast 0013: Do You Dislike My Hair?
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- Self Esteem and Natural Hair: Empowering Young Girls To Love Their Kinks and Curls
- My Natural Hair Journey – Lisa’s Story
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- 5 Actions to Help Your Child Recover from a Negative Natural Hair Incident
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question