Unconventional Ways to Cleanse Your Kinks, Curls and Coils
There are two very different schools of thought when it comes to whether to use shampoo or whether to opt for co-washing natural hair.
Traditional shampoo contains sulfates, (detergents) which can be harsh on any type of hair but especially drying for kinkier, curlier hair because shampoos with sulfates are great at stripping the hair of dirt and buildup which means it is also very effective at stripping the hair of natural oils.
Highly textured hair has a harder time with retaining natural oils from roots to ends because of the curl factor. The use of no-poo, or sulfate-free shampoo alternatives is the right choice for many Naturalistas.
The good news is that there are quite a few alternatives.
One of our favorite blogs, BlackGirlLongHair.com compiled a list of six alternatives for women who want a no-poo way to keep their hair clean:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
2. Terressentials Mud Wash
3. Bentonite Clay
4. Baking Soda
6. Castile Soap
You can find out more about these shampoo alternatives work here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
- Castor Oil and Why It Is Good for Natural Hair
- Five Ingredients in Hair Products To Steer Clear Of
- Noire Naturals: A Young Entrepreneur On The Rise
- Our Kinky Hair: A pH Balancing Act
- The Top Ten Super Foods for Healthy Natural Hair
- Maintaining Your Natural Hair ‘High’
- African Shea Butter from The Tree of Life
- Treat Your Natural Hair With Care – 6 “Do Now” Strategies for Head Turning Hair
- Tips for Preventing Hair Product Acne
- Choosing A Natural Hairstylist
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here