NHCN Podcast 0019: The Lucrative Hair Weave Market
Download the audio (13 mins, 18 secs)
There are women in countries such as Asia, India, and parts of Latin America whose hair is being forcibly cut off of their heads. Other women are choosing to sell their hair for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande coffee; all because of our insatiable appetite for long hair. Pamela and Dianne share their views on the topic.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Female TV News Anchors Forced to Wear Wigs to Cover their Natural Hair
- A Toronto District School Board Principal Suspends Student for Wearing Curls
- YouTuber Shares Note of Caution in “Natural Hair Gurus Exposed”
- Fans in Disbelief that Angela Simmons’ Natural Hair is Hers?
- My Reaction to the POPSUGAR “Natural Hair” Article
- Why It’s Wrong to Call Your Hair Nappy
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- A Lost Black Man: A Natural Hair Perspective
- Natural Hair Event: Felicia Leatherwood’s Kurlz On Film
- Is Natural Hair Still a Pejorative?