Toddlers Left Home Alone While Mom Gets Her Hair Done Die In House Fire
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
CNN recently reported a heartbreakingly sad story. Two young children, Ta’Shea Thompson Johnson, age 4, and Clifton Thompson Johnson, age 3 died when two gas space heaters allegedly ignited a fire in their Louisiana home.
The children were allegedly left unsupervised while their mother, Ciarria Johnson was at a local hair salon having her hair styled. Ciarria told investigators that she asked a neighbor to look after the children while she was at the salon but according to CNN, the deputy chief of police disputed the mother’s claims that neighbors were asked to watch her children while she went to the hair salon.
Neighbors tried to rescue the two children but were unable to access the home due to the smoke and flames.
The mother, who learned about the fire after being contacted, rushed home to find the house in ruins with her babies inside was treated at a local psychiatric hospital. According to CNN she will be charged with negligent manslaughter.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair News From Around the Web: 9 Things Some White People Don’t Understand About Natural Hair
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
- A Black Doll with Crossover Appeal – Building Our Children’s Self Esteem and Educating The Masses
- More Reasons Why Chemically Treated Hair Poses a Danger to The Health of Black Women
- What’s All The Fuss About Natural Hair?
- Cultural Appropriation of “Black” Hairstyles Creating a Buzz [Video]
- Self Esteem and Natural Hair: Empowering Young Girls To Love Their Kinks and Curls
- Porcha and Sami: Natural Haircare News Amazon Gift Card Survey Winners!
- Two Lucky Winners of Our Fall, 2014 Natural Hair Products Survey Will Be Announced Soon!
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- NHCN Podcast 0011: Commentary – Making Natural Hair Acceptable Takes An Obscene Amount of Time
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace