Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Nutrition Spotlight: The Benefits of Kelp on Hair
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Got Locs? Loc Curling Tips and Hairstyles
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- Woman Forgoes Sleeping Cap with Black Woman On It and Pays More (Story Time & Lesson)
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace
- The Natural Hair Journey- How to Begin the Process of Going Natural
- Can You Still Repair Heat Damaged Natural Hair?
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Natural Hair Commentary from Around the World: A Glimpse Into Views on Natural Hair From South Africa
- Natural Hair Event Alert: New England DIY Products at Whole Foods
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here