Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
- Beyoncé Shows Off Her Natural Hair – Weave
- The Brothas Speak Out On Natural Hair and Beauty
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
- Is Natural Hair Still a Pejorative?
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- Natural Hair Wigs and Weaves Are All The Rage In Hollywood
- Natural Hair Care News: Everything You Need To Know About Natural Hair Care Tips and Trends
- Anti Hair Braiding Laws in the U.S.?
- Do You Really Need To Grease Your Scalp?
- Black Women with Natural Hair – My Reflections
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College