Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey
- 4 Topics That Unnerve and Divide The Natural Hair Community
- Five Ingredients in Hair Products To Steer Clear Of
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- Does Having Natural Hair Make it Easier To Participate In Activities That You Avoided When Your Hair Was Straight? [Poll]
- DIY Yogurt Recipes to Improve Your Natural Hair Health
- GOOD Hair, BAD Hair Day – The In Between Times
- How Social Media Can Change the Game for Bad Hair Service
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
- Natural Haircare News Flash: Check Out This Natural Hair Care Events Website
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Natural Hair Care News: Everything You Need To Know About Natural Hair Care Tips and Trends