Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
There are very few states in the U.S. that grant a license in natural hair care. As we reported in the article, New Law Paves The Way For Board Certification in Natural Hair Specialty in Oregon most states do not delve into the area of natural hair in any indepth way at cosmetology schools. Many of the stylists who specialize in natural hair are not specifically licensed or certified in the specialty although they may be licensed by the Board of Cosmetology for their state. This doesn’t mean that natural hair stylists aren’t qualified. Natural haircare has not been a field of cosmetology study that has been full recognized by the certification arm of many state licensing boards.
This trend seems to be taking a turn for the better. Wake Tech’s School of Cosmetology in Raleigh N.C. is offering a “streamlined, non-degree option” for those interested in cosmetology and natural haircare careers.
You can learn more about the program on the Wake Tech Community College website.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- Natural Hair Tips: Try These Strategies to Get Rid Of Grays Naturally
- Why Are Black Women So Emotionally Tied To Our Hair?
- Pastor Says No To Hair Weaves In His Church
- Natural Hair Wigs and Weaves Are All The Rage In Hollywood
- Natural Hair Commentary from Around the World: Out of the Mouths of Babes: One Young Girl’s View on Natural Hair
- MSNBC Host Melissa Harris Perry Shares Her Views About Natural Hair for New Book
- The Benefits of Natural Hair
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
- POLL: Do You Think That Older Naturals Are Missing From The Natural Hair Conversation?
- Tia Mowry Reminds Us Why She is a Natural Hair Guru!