Natural Hair: The Best Oils to Stimulate Hair Growth
Latest posts by Pamela (see all)
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
It is common knowledge that healthy hair growth begins at the scalp. Over the last few decades, thousands of women have discovered the rejuvenating power that all natural essential oils can have on their scalps. The good news is, because of their recent rise in popularity, they are more readily available and don’t require an arm and a leg to purchase.
You can find the majority of these oils at your local health food stores. We also have our own recommendations below.
Coconut oil is the stuff of legends when it comes to healthy natural hair. It can be found at any grocery store and will run you about three dollars on the low end. You can even find odorless coconut oil which is what I prefer. A small bottle of coconut oil can last ages and promote a healthy shine and luster in your hair. Since I tend to use this “miracle” oil for everything from cooking to moisturizing my hair and body, “ages” is not in the cards for me!
Almond oil is particularly beneficial when it comes to treating an unhealthy scalp. It is stated that this oil will change the health of your scalp drastically, and set up a nice foundation to a fast growing, strong head of hair.
Cedarwood oil is a new one for me and is supposed to be ideal for stimulating the scalp to promote overall hair growth. Because it is not recommended for nourishing the scalp or hair itself, it is advised not to use this oil as the first step in your hair growth regimen. Utilize products to create moisture first, then follow up with the products to stimulate hair growth.
Clary Sage Oil
Clary sage oil is another great oil to encourage hair growth. Though unlike cedarwood oil, this oil poses wonderful hair softening traits that are beneficial to creating a strong foundation for healthy hair. Try this oil for a one-step beauty regime.
While each of these oils is natural and ultimately good for your hair, they should be used with caution. Essential oils in particular, that have not been diluted, can be damaging to the scalp and hair, and create affects opposite to what you desire. Make sure to read labels and do some research before purchasing or putting anything on your body. It is also a smart practice to first test the oil on a small patch of your skin to be certain that you don’t have a negative reaction to it.
Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
13,391 total customer reviews...
Cedarwood Essential Oil (100% Pure and Natural, Therapeutic Grade) from Garden of Green
93 total customer reviews...
Clary Sage (2 fl oz) Best Essential Oil - 2 ounces (59ml)
total customer reviews...
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Feeling Hoodwinked and Bamboozled With Your Hair Product Choices?
- Black Hair Care: Tips for Transitioning From Relaxed to Natural Hair
- Natural Conditioners for Curly – Kinky Hair
- Move Over Argan, Monoi and Jojoba Oil: There’s A Tried and True Staple That Boosts the Strength of Natural Hair
- DIY Yogurt Recipes to Improve Your Natural Hair Health
- Castor Oil – A Miracle Elixir For Natural Hair
- Bergamot Essential Oil for Healthy Hair
- 8 Really Good Reasons To Stop Straightening Your Hair and Go Natural
- It’s Not Too Late To Protect Your Hair Against The Summer Rays and Dreaded Humidity
- A Retrospective: Our Favorite Natural Hair Products in 2013
- The Growing Popularity of Homemade Natural Haircare Products
- The Top Ten Super Foods for Healthy Natural Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace