The Power Of The Puff… The Afro Puff That Is
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic - December 3, 2016
- The Advice My Natural Hair Stylist Gave Me Every Naturalista Should Know - February 29, 2016
- ‘You Down Wit’ B-O-B? Black Owned Brands - January 11, 2016
When 7 year old Natalie’s mom, Angie, realized her daughter was having reading and self-esteem issues, she got busy correcting those challenges.
Introducing The Adventures of Moxie Girl! A young black superhero character whose magic afro puffs “transforms what she believes to be flaws into superpowers to save her community”.
Their character creation is obviously significant on so many fronts and here’s a few of the ways I think how:
- Another young black girl realizes her beauty, intelligence, and power.
- She raises her self-esteem through self-awareness and as a by product does so for other young black girls as well.
- Natalie has, reportedly, developed a love of books that can only continue to increase over time. The natural outcome being improvement in her reading and writing skills.
- Her imagination has been expanded (a mind once expanded can never go back).
- Her entrepreneurial spirit has been awakened.
I’m sure you can think of a few more.
Bravo to Natalie and her Mom. My guess is that we’ll be looking at The Moxie Girl series franchise for a long time to come. Continue to give them support by “Liking” their Facebook Page.
I’ll end by saying, what’s great about Natalie and Angela’s example, is that it reminds us all that anything is possible when you put your moxie to it.
How are you making a difference in terms of your own and a young person’s self-esteem, particularly around natural hair, and standards of beauty?
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Are People Making Offhand Comments About Your Natural Hair? How To Respond To The Negative And UnInformed
- So You Want To Go Natural?
- What do you think? Is Chemically Straightening Your Child’s Hair Child Abuse?
- Five year old Maleigha’s Natural Hair Salon Adventure
- Article: Do You Dislike My Natural Hair?
- Natural Haircare News Flash: A Ban On Afro Puffs & Braids
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- How To Reclaim Your Forgotten Black Girl Magic
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Shedding: “I Am Not My Hair”
- Engage Your Daughter on Her Natural Hair Journey – Here’s How
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here