Naturalista Entrepreneur The First Black Woman To Be Awarded a Patent for Natural Hair Care Product That Saves Time For Busy Women
Let’s start with why being the first person to be awarded a patent for natural hair products is important.
Patenting a product prevents competitors from selling or using the product while that patent is in place. Talk about a competitive advantage! In a billion dollars+ per year marketplace that is flooded with natural hair products, patenting your product invention is a smart move.
Gwen Jimmere, CEO of Naturalicious developed an all in one hair product based on her interest in speeding up her hair routine after having a baby and patented her invention. The product – is an “all in one” product made of Rhassol Clay that acts as a cleanser, conditioner, detangler and leave in conditioner all in one. Jimmere’s Moroccan Rhassoul 5-in-1 Clay Treatment effectively helped to save time in her hair styling process.
Before even deciding to patent and sell her product, she got the stamp of approval from friends and family willing to pay her to make the product for them!
The entrepreneur says that her products help women who want great looking hair to save time and money with their styling routine.
The product line has expanded since the company’s inception. Check out the Naturalicious products below or go to Naturalicious.net to find stores near you.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- NHCN Podcast 001: Why We Started Natural Haircare News
- Black Owned Haircare Companies Taking the Lead in the Multimillion Dollar Natural Haircare Industry
- Readers’ Spotlight: Wen Hair Product Review – Sundra Oakley
- Readers’ Spotlight: Terri’s Transition to Natural Hair
- “I Have a Nice Interesting Grade of Hair”: Do Celebrity Comments Reinforce The Good Hair, Bad Hair Divide? [Video]
- “Sage” Wisdom for Coloring Your Natural Hair
- Taking Split Ends To Task – Do You Really Have To Cut Split Ends?
- 12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o Delivers a Powerful Speech About Black Beauty
- From Natural to Straight to Natural Again: The History of African American Hair
- New Natural Hairstyle Ideas for 2018
- The Daily Show Enlists Jessica Williams: ‘Operation Black Hair’ Tries To Educate White Army Men About Natural Hair
- Natural Hair and Bullying- What’s the Connection?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- Natural Hair Care and its Products- What’s Black-Owned and What’s Not
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College