Overseas Natural Hair Journey: Living Abroad as a Black Woman With Natural Hair
Dianne is the co-founder of Natural Haircare News and Coils To Locs.com. She's been blogging about natural hair ever since she made the decision to break free of the creamy crack in 2012.
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
We loved this story of one woman’s natural hair journey as an American overseas.
Sheryll Donerson highlighted her experience living in Korea and the cultural differences she experienced as it relates to both hair texture and race in an article for Refinery29.
Some of the challenges that she faced included finding products geared towards natural hair, dried out hair due to the minerals in the water, and just general hair curiosity from citizens not used to seeing black people “in the flesh”. Being black in Korea was – and likely still is – a rarity.
Read Sheryll’s story here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- How to Work Through the Highs and Lows of the Natural Hair Journey
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Seriously…We Are Still Hating On Gabby Douglas’ Hair in 2016?
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Natural Hair “Velcro Cap” Weave – An Alternative to Traditional Weaves?
- NHCN Podcast 0020: Naturals Over 40 – Do We Have A Voice?
- Cancer Support Resources That You Might Not Know Exist
- Trouble Finding an Afro Kinky Wig- My Chemo Hair Loss Journey
- Video: Top 10 Chemo Hair Loss “Aha” Moments
- POLL: Is Wash and Wear Hair Fact or Fiction for Naturals?