Overseas Natural Hair Journey: Living Abroad as a Black Woman With Natural Hair
We loved this story of one woman’s natural hair journey as an American overseas.
Sheryll Donerson highlighted her experience living in Korea and the cultural differences she experienced as it relates to both hair texture and race in an article for Refinery29.
Some of the challenges that she faced included finding products geared towards natural hair, dried out hair due to the minerals in the water, and just general hair curiosity from citizens not used to seeing black people “in the flesh”. Being black in Korea was – and likely still is – a rarity.
Read Sheryll’s story here.
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- Why I Love Hair Steaming My Naturally Kinky Hair
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Porcha and Sami: Natural Haircare News Amazon Gift Card Survey Winners!
- Two Lucky Winners of Our Fall, 2014 Natural Hair Products Survey Will Be Announced Soon!
- Common Misconceptions That Continue To Persist About Natural Hair
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- Naturalista Who Fought Off Cancer Now Fighting For Her Right to Wear Her Hair Natural
- Natural Hair “Velcro Cap” Weave – An Alternative to Traditional Weaves?
- Does Having Natural Hair Make it Easier To Participate In Activities That You Avoided When Your Hair Was Straight? [Poll]
- Frizz and Natural Hair- What’s up with That?
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here