[Video] Today Show Beauty Expert Turns Natural Hair Debacle Into a Learning Experience
Latest posts by Dianne Austin (see all)
- Do Chemo Caps Really Work On Natural Hair? Trish’s Chemo Hair Loss Journey - June 20, 2017
- Take the #BlackSalonProblems Survey - June 2, 2017
- How to Care for an African American Child’s Natural Hair - May 3, 2017
We recently reported the uproar that occurred when Today Show Beauty expert Deepica Mutyala mutilated the natural hair of a black model during a Today segment on easy, 60 seconds summer hairstyles. The segment which featured a Black, Asian and Caucasian model caused a backlash against the beauty expert; chastising her for touting to be a hair expert yet demonstrating a lack of knowledge about natural hair.
Deepica apologized through social media for literally ruining her black model’s hair on national television, but she took things one-step further by actually taking the time to learn about natural hair through a discussion with black women about natural hair on YouTube.
I applaud her for making an effort!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- Video: Was It a Really Bad Camera Timing or Was QVC Hosts Mocking Natural Hair Model?
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- Video: Natural Hairstyle Evolution Over The Last 100 Years
- Natural Hair Video: Aqueela’s Shaved Locs
- Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
- 5 Tried And Tested Ways To Stop Hair Breakage
- You’ve Heard it Before But Worth Repeating – Tips To Avoid Hairline Damage
- Tales of a Hollywood Natural: NHCN News Podcast #0021
- We’re Here for the #BlackHairChallenge
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace