[Video] Today Show Beauty Expert Turns Natural Hair Debacle Into a Learning Experience
We recently reported the uproar that occurred when Today Show Beauty expert Deepica Mutyala mutilated the natural hair of a black model during a Today segment on easy, 60 seconds summer hairstyles. The segment which featured a Black, Asian and Caucasian model caused a backlash against the beauty expert; chastising her for touting to be a hair expert yet demonstrating a lack of knowledge about natural hair.
Deepica apologized through social media for literally ruining her black model’s hair on national television, but she took things one-step further by actually taking the time to learn about natural hair through a discussion with black women about natural hair on YouTube.
I applaud her for making an effort!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp
- YouTuber Does Big Chop in Vietnam!
- 4 Videos That Show You How to Draw Natural Hair
- Husband’s Shocking Reaction to His Wife Perming Her Natural Hair!
- 3 Funny Videos of Brothers and a Father Doing Natural Hair
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
- Natural Hair Video: Aqueela’s Shaved Locs
- Live Beauty Expert Debacle Highlights the Importance of Understanding the Nuances of Natural Hair
- The Politics of Hair: Choosing Between Straight or Natural Hair on the Job [Video]
- Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
- Is Your Man Supportive Of Your Natural Hair? [Video]
- The LOC Method for Type 4 Hair
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- Top 5 Sexy Natural Hairstyles: A Man’s Perspective
- Natural Haircare Training and Certification Available at a North Carolina Community College
- Transitioners Start Here