Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
Latest posts by LaToya Harris (see all)
- Erica Campbell Makes Case for Going Natural! - June 13, 2017
- War Between Kitchen Stylists and Professional Stylists? - May 27, 2017
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs - May 6, 2017
Barber, Derrick Culpepper is no stranger to hair, but styling his 3-year-old daughter Linda’s hair proved to be a challenge. In an almost one-and-a-half minute video, the dad attempts to put the little girl’s hair in two puffs. While Derrick is applying products and brushing her hair, Linda does the cutest thing by encouraging dad along the way. “You’re getting it through! You’re almost done. You’re doing a good job,” Linda says!
Not only did the 3-year-old encourage her father, but she also tells him to add more grease, brush, and “put it band on it [the puff].” While Mr. Culpepper is doing his daughter’s hair, he gives her heartwarming words. “You’re so awesome,” he says. The viral video reached over 6 million views on Facebook alone and serves an inspiration to dads who want to do their daughters’ hair.
The interaction between the father and daughter team, also known on YouTube as the “The Dynamic Duo” teaches us a lot of things. One of them is that natural hair requires patience. It requires patience and the willingness to learn what works for your hair. Although, the video is between father and daughter, we as naturals can relate! How many times have you done a twist-out or other style for the first time and needed to encourage yourself through the process?
The second thing is to encourage our children. We have to pour positivity and self-confidence into them. Little Linda’s words were a result of church and what her parents taught her, and we know that was some good teaching!
Author: LaToya Harris
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural. Not sure of which products are right for your hair type? Visit our solution oriented natural hair products store.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Single Dad Shatters Stereotypes About Hairstyling
- What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- Video: Got Locs? Loc Curling Tips and Hairstyles
- I’m Losing My Natural Hair [Video] – A Naturalista’s Cancer Hair Loss Journey
- A Bag Full Of Afro Kinky Hair – Look Good Feel Better [Video]
- Having Locs May Mean Unemployment: Should You Choose Your Hair or Your Job?
- Coming To Terms With Losing My Natural Hair [Video]
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- [Video] Pretty Little Naturalista Learns That Styling Her Hair Like Mom Takes Practice
Explore Our Website!
Let’s Stay In Touch
What Others Are Saying
Natural Haircare Topics
- How Do You Know If You Have Scab Hair? Pictures
- 6 Tips for Controlling Frizz in Natural Hair
- The Finer Things In Life: Tips For Fine Hair Naturals!
- Combating Fairy Knots In Natural Hair, (Single Strand Knots)
- The LOC Method: 3 Steps For Happy, Moisture Rich, Natural Hair
- Mature Women and Natural Hair – A Photo Gallery
- Transitioners Start Here
- The Benefits of Hair Steaming For Natural Hair
- To Trim Or Not To Trim – That Is The Question
- White Women with “Black Hairstyles”, Pictorial Raises the Consciousness Of Black Hairstyles in the Workplace