Video: 3-Year-Old Encourages Dad While He Does Her Natural Hair
- Black Women’s Reactions to 90’s Hair Products Echoes That of Many Naturals - April 19, 2018
- Zendaya Lets Us Know the Difference BetweenWeaves, Wigs, and Extensions - April 14, 2018
- Woman Shaves Head Bald After Weave Damaged Her Scalp - April 5, 2018
Barber, Derrick Culpepper is no stranger to hair, but styling his 3-year-old daughter Linda’s hair proved to be a challenge. In an almost one-and-a-half minute video, the dad attempts to put the little girl’s hair in two puffs. While Derrick is applying products and brushing her hair, Linda does the cutest thing by encouraging dad along the way. “You’re getting it through! You’re almost done. You’re doing a good job,” Linda says!
Not only did the 3-year-old encourage her father, but she also tells him to add more grease, brush, and “put it band on it [the puff].” While Mr. Culpepper is doing his daughter’s hair, he gives her heartwarming words. “You’re so awesome,” he says. The viral video reached over 6 million views on Facebook alone and serves an inspiration to dads who want to do their daughters’ hair.
The interaction between the father and daughter team, also known on YouTube as the “The Dynamic Duo” teaches us a lot of things. One of them is that natural hair requires patience. It requires patience and the willingness to learn what works for your hair. Although, the video is between father and daughter, we as naturals can relate! How many times have you done a twist-out or other style for the first time and needed to encourage yourself through the process?
The second thing is to encourage our children. We have to pour positivity and self-confidence into them. Little Linda’s words were a result of church and what her parents taught her, and we know that was some good teaching!
|“Changing attitudes about natural hair” is what we do at Natural Haircare News. Through informative articles, podcasts and videos, we go beyond just sharing the latest advice and tips on kinky, curly, wavy haircare – We shake things up and focus on the realities of wearing our hair natural.|
You May Also Like:
- Natural Hair and Protective Styling’s Effect on the Hair Industry
- Why Pictures of Michelle Obama’s Natural Hair Are a Big Deal
- Natural Hairstyles for Formal Events- Sexy and Elegant Styles for Natural Hair
- 5 Actions to Help Your Child Recover from a Negative Natural Hair Incident
- Which Natural Hair Advice Is Right for You?
- Why Did Black Women Start Perming Their Hair In The First Place
- An Easy Flat Twist Style for You to Try [Video]
- Update on Vanessa VanDyke: Student Who was Threatened with Suspension from School for Natural Hair
- How Social Media Can Change the Game for Bad Hair Service
- The Shea Moisture Ad Fail Amid Social Media Backlash
- Alicia Keys Sports Braids Decorated with Gold Cuffs
- What Type of Black Man Loves Natural Hair?